Take your idea to the next level. Get help here!
Madison Gas and Electric
Regional Energy for Dane County
Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) generates and distributes electricity to 139,000 customers in Dane County and purchases and distributes natural gas to 143,000 customers in seven south-central and western Wisconsin counties. MGE's roots in the Madison area date back more than 150 years.
As your community energy company, we are committed to this area and its people.
We take responsibility to:
- Plan and provide a reliable energy supply that balances the needs and values of those we serve.
- Provide information and education to serve our customers and stakeholders and help inform their energy decisions.
- Preserve and protect our environment while providing affordable, reliable energy.
- Encourage and support economic and business development to keep our economy strong and vibrant.
- Engage in open and honest dialogue, partnership and collaboration to best serve our customers and the broader community.
MGE is a subsidiary of MGE Energy, an investor-owned public utility holding company based in Madison, Wis.